Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by micah anderson <mi...@riseup.net> on 2008/02/28 22:32:51 UTC

Segfaulting when using compiled rules

my spamd is segaulting when I start it up. I tried to strace the
process and all I could see was that it was opening this file and then
doing some memory mappings and then segfaulting:

open("/var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002003/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin/CompiledRegexps/body_0/body_0.so",O_RDONLY) = 8

Sine this is a compiled rule...  I tried to remove everything under
/var/lib/spamassassin/compiled and then re-run sa-compile (after doing a sa-update), which succeeded fine, but
as soon as I started up spamassassinbut it still segfaults.

So I turned off rule complation now and it starts fine, but I'm wondering what I can do to fix this.

I'm running 3.2.3 from volatile, and am running these channels:

sa-update --gpgkey D1C035168C1EBC08464946DA258CDB3ABDE9DC10 --channel saupdates.openprotect.com --channel updates.spamassassin.org

Thanks for any ideas,
Micah