Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Thavutam, Prashanth" <1t...@toysrus.com> on 2004/03/12 01:00:35 UTC

Oracle connection problem

JetSpeed1.4 works fine with HSQL, but when I try to run it against Oracle it
fails with below exception. I had to change profile data while populating
the tables as I could not load these columns. I am using BLOBs for
objectdata and profile columns.

2004-03-11 18:46:15,768 [Servlet.Engine.Transports : 0] DEBUG
CapabilityMapFactory - CapabilityMap: User-agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0; TRU CUSTOMIZED) mapped to
ie5text/html-text/xml-HTML_3_2/HTML_JAVA/HTML_JAVASCRIPT/HTML_TABLE/HTML_NES
TED_TABLE/HTML_FORM/HTML_FRAME/HTML_IMAGE/HTML_ACTIVE_X/HTML_CSS1/HTML_CSS2/
HTML_CSSP/HTML_IFRAME/HTML_DOM_IE/HTTP_COOKIE/
2004-03-11 18:46:15,908 [Servlet.Engine.Transports : 0] ERROR BasePeer -
java.lang.NullPointerException: There was no DataSourceFactory configured
for the connection default
2004-03-11 18:46:15,908 [Servlet.Engine.Transports : 0] ERROR BasePeer - A
FATAL ERROR has occurred which should not have happened under any
circumstance.  Please notify the Turbine developers
<tu...@jakarta.apache.org> and give as many details as possible
(including the error stack trace).
java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): There was
no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection default
	at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:250)
	at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:225)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.TurbineUserPeer.<clinit>(TurbineUser
Peer.java:87)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUser.<clinit>(BaseTurbine
User.java:37)

I suspected the oracle configuration parameters in Torque.pr, but the same
parameters work fine from a different Java program.

Here are the settings in Torque.pr

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=oracle

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourc
eFactory
# The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool instance
(specified per database)
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
### Oracle
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =jdbc:oracle:thin:@x:9999:z
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user =username
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password =password

I have been having hard time to find what the problem is.. Any hint is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanth

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.