Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Duncan Krebs <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/21 21:04:02 UTC

dynamic objects based on a schema

Hi,
  I'm using axis1.4 to connect a server and a client. This is an internal system and I don't care about trying to publish web services for outside parties. I've been working on developing a framework for making the process of deploying RPC services much easier. As I'm starting to use it I'm seeing that its a real big pain to have to ensure that mapped beans in a service are up-to-date on both the client and server classpath.

  If at all possible I'd like to kill the process of beanmappings and use a dynamic model that would allow the client to dynamically build generic data objects (which is assumed it complies to the schema on the server) and then call a service passing those data objects. For the return, it would get a data model built with the same set of generic data objects and if I could do this, then I would not have to deal with the bean mappings.

  I could use some feedback in helping me figure out if there is already a way to do this. For example, could I use a DOM builder on the client and then set the web-service to not be RPC but plain old XML. Does JaxMe let you use a dynamic object model to create/set elements that is validated against a schema? I have a feeling there as an easy way to do this but just don't know where to look. - Duncan

Re: dynamic objects based on a schema

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I believe that none of the JAXB based databinding frameworks support
dynamic mappings.