Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org> on 2006/12/14 10:35:26 UTC

Re: Cocoon Properties, Re: Cocoon 2.2 Samples Setting MultipartFilter Max Upload Size

Ralph Goers wrote:

> Luca Morandini wrote:
>>
>> So, the chain you propose is (sorted by order of loading):
>> 1) WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/cocoon/properties (block-wide stuff).
>> 2) WEB-INF/classes/cocoon/properties (project-wide stuf).
>>
>> In truth, I don't find the use of "classes" for configuration stuff
>> done outside JARs particularly intuitive... I'd rather stick with
>> WEB-INF/cocoon/properties.
> One more level is needed which is already in the 2.1 branch (and I
> thought 2.2). The system property org.apache.cocoon.settings points to
> the directory where properties can be found.  In our environment we
> never touch stuff inside war or ear files, especially since they might
> not be exploded.

If you take a look at the comments in SettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor
source code, you'll find that plenty of configuration options are
provided, and I think Cocoon should stick to that plan rather than
dropping the WEB-INF/classes/cocoon/properties option.

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it