Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Rahul Bhooteshwar <ra...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/06/18 13:01:50 UTC

Token Based Authentication with Apache OfBiz

Hello All,
Recently felt the need of Token Based Authentication process in Apache
OfBiz while using OfBiz's business process offerings with standalone
clients like Mobile Apps, Angular JS based apps running outside Apache
OfBiz etc.

What currently we are having in OfBiz is session based authentication
process which is *stateful*. But while dealing with the independently
running remote clients stateful authentication is not gonna work as we will
not be using *server-browser session* anymore in those cases.

Following are the initial draft & supporting documents to proceed further:

   - Token Based Authentication in Apache OfBiz
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xbpjNWGZp8B_79YJmPxmSJqkx7Qo_EI7u_PE0WNt3B4/edit#heading=h.g14rrmsoijiv>
   - Token Based Authentication
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/15QBV87vMD42QppCaHpxgcefcg_ac7HFeSQQnF_S50nk/edit#heading=h.mdriqalojfy4>
   - JSON Web Tokens
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wLfv8h_Kkd4iHBxW4Gkx987Q7KBocWAGvss2p4N4fIM/edit>
   - IETF's  (Internet Engineering Task Force) Documentation for JSON Web
   Tokens
   <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXOhs4-o0n9cHVGckgwUndsUGc/view?pref=2&pli=1>

I would like to propose a requirement to implement this in OfBiz, & invite
you all to provide valuable inputs to conclude the requirements &
implementation plans.

Thanks and Regards
*Rahul Bhooteshwar*
Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/> - *Global leader in
innovative enterprise commerce solutions **powered by Apache OFBiz.*

Re: Token Based Authentication with Apache OfBiz

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Jacques,

I am also working on JWT (Jason Web Token) mechanism. I'll share the JWT
design and detail
Sorry for too late reply.
Here is the ticket for this work

We can discuss more over ticket .

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for feedback Rishi

Jacques

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Rahul,

Posted by gregory draperi <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Okay, so I misunderstood the goal. You can forget what I said :)
Still the article is really interesting :)

Cheers,

Gregory

Grégory Draperi

Re: Token Based Authentication with Apache OfBiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
HI Gregory,

If I'm not mistaken (I'll not do it) the idea is indeed to use tokens for one time authentication, but to then use OFBiz current work flow for the
rest (ie handling sessions)

Quoting below: "Behind the scenes, we will be using the current work flow as is"

This is also what we did with the project I spoke about.

Thanks for the article!

Jacques

Le 22/07/2016 � 15:53, gregory draperi a �crit :

Posted by gregory draperi <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Rahul,