Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by José Barrueta <jo...@stormpath.com> on 2016/02/24 22:24:24 UTC

Upgrading Samza from 0.9.1 to 0.10.0

Hi all,

Currently we have some Jobs working with Samza v0.9.1 (kafka running on
v0.9.0) for a couple of those Jobs we'd like to upgrade them to Samza
v0.10.0, is there a documents that details the path for upgrading the Job
to latest version?

We already applied the new coordinator property:
*job.coordinator.system=kafka*

Now when we try to start the new job, we get:

11:42:42.873 [main] INFO  kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties - Property
zookeeper.connect is overridden to 192.168.99.100:2181
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.samza.system.kafka.KafkaSystemConsumerMetrics.org
$apache$samza$metrics$MetricsHelper$_setter_$metricGroup_$eq(Lorg/apache/samza/metrics/MetricGroup;)V
        at
org.apache.samza.metrics.MetricsHelper$class.$init$(MetricsHelper.scala:35)
        at
org.apache.samza.system.kafka.KafkaSystemConsumerMetrics.<init>(KafkaSystemConsumerMetrics.scala:30)
        at
org.apache.samza.system.kafka.KafkaSystemFactory.getConsumer(KafkaSystemFactory.scala:44)
        at
org.apache.samza.system.kafka.KafkaSystemFactory.getConsumer(KafkaSystemFactory.scala:41)
        at
org.apache.samza.coordinator.stream.CoordinatorStreamSystemFactory.getCoordinatorStreamSystemConsumer(CoordinatorStreamSystemFactory.scala:40)
        at org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.scala:95)
        at org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner$.main(JobRunner.scala:66)
        at org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner.main(JobRunner.scala)

Has anyone experienced this error? Can someone help us to run this task
successfully?

Thanks,

Jose L. Barrueta

Re: Upgrading Samza from 0.9.1 to 0.10.0

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jose,

Glad that you have already figured out the problem!

Cheers!

-Yi

Posted by José Barrueta <jo...@stormpath.com>.
Hi all,