Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gilclark <gi...@intuit.com> on 2007/04/18 04:12:24 UTC

Trying to build Maven 2.0.x - used to create uber jar, now it doens't

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll start here.

A couple weeks back I was successfully building Maven 2.0.x.  The last stage
of the build is to run mvn assembly:assembly in the maven-core directory.
The resultant zip, gz, etc. contained the uberjar called
maven-2.0.x-uber.jar which goes in the lib directory.  Unzip it somewhere -
everything runs fine.

About 4 days ago the build mysteriously stopped building the uber jar.  I've
tried this on two different machines with the same result - I have no idea
what changed - nothing I did (on purpose).

Any help appreciated.

Re: Trying to build Maven 2.0.x - used to create uber jar, now it doens't

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 4/17/07, gilclark <gi...@intuit.com> wrote:

> A couple weeks back I was successfully building Maven 2.0.x.  The last stage
> of the build is to run mvn assembly:assembly in the maven-core directory.
> The resultant zip, gz, etc. contained the uberjar called
> maven-2.0.x-uber.jar which goes in the lib directory.  Unzip it somewhere -
> everything runs fine.
>
> About 4 days ago the build mysteriously stopped building the uber jar.  I've
> tried this on two different machines with the same result - I have no idea
> what changed - nothing I did (on purpose).

Come join us on the dev list if you have questions about building
Maven itself; this list generally focuses on how to use the released
bits.

--
Wendy