Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Arndt Lehmann1 <AL...@de.ibm.com> on 2001/07/06 18:27:16 UTC

Bugs regarding Axis Client Use in J2EE Enviroment

Hi folks,

************

if you start an Service Client (via Service Client ==> AxisClient ==>
AxisEngine),
the engine makes two tries to load configuration data:

1.) try to load from disk from current directory
2.) try to load default XML file as Ressource

Point 1 is forbidden by the EJB Specification (But watch out: SUN's
***own*** J2EE 1.2.1 Reference Implementation allows direct file access
despite this. But supposedly the other EJB Servers do not make the same
mistake).

Point 2 does not work (at least with SUN's J2EE 1.2.1)

I suggest to revert to the old way of writing this stuff directly into the
code - maybe as third fallback line.

***************

Your Admin class tries to load handers via AxisClassLoader - But EJB Server
(at least J2EE 1.2.1) do not allow creation of an own ClassLoader.
So in function registerHandler(...) try

          ClassLoader cl;
          try {
               cl=AxisClassLoader.getClassLoader();
          } catch(java.security.AccessControlException e) {
               cl=Admin.class.getClassLoader();
          }
instead of

                AxisClassLoader   cl     = AxisClassLoader.getClassLoader
();

(If I remember right, you 0.5 Release shall support EJB Server)

Best Regards
  Arndt Lehmann