Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 19:40:03 UTC

0.7.0 mx4j, get attribute

I'm using 0.7.0 and experimenting with the new mx4j support.

http://host:port/mbean?objectname=org.apache.cassandra.request%3Atype%3DReadStage

Returns a nice pretty html page.  For purposes of monitoring I would
like to get a single attribute as xml.  The docs [1] decribe a
"getattribute" endpoint.  But I have been unable to get anything other
than a blank response from that.  mx4j does not seem to include any
logging for troubleshooting.

Example:
http://host:port/getattribute?objectname=org.apache.cassandra.request%3atype%3dReadStage&attribute=PendingTasks

returns 200 OK with no data.

If anyone could point out what embarrassingly simple mistake I am making
I would be much obliged.

[1] http://mx4j.sourceforge.net/docs/ch05.html

Re: 0.7.0 mx4j, get attribute

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
No idea.  Is there an mx4j list you could try maybe? :)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: 0.7.0 mx4j, get attribute

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 02/03/2011 11:29 AM, Ran Tavory wrote:
> Try adding this to the end of the URL: ?template=identity

That works, thanks!

Re: 0.7.0 mx4j, get attribute

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.
Try adding this to the end of the URL: ?template=identity

--
/Ran

Re: 0.7.0 mx4j, get attribute

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.