Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Schöke, Karsten <Ka...@geobasis-bb.de> on 2017/01/06 12:01:04 UTC

Tomcat7 under Debian dont use outgoing proxy

Hello,

I updated tomcat under debian wheezy from tomcat6 to tomcat7.
We use access to external http/https webservices via proxy option  JAVA_OPTS in in /etc/default/tomcat6|7

-Dhttp.proxyHost=x.x.x.x -Dhttp.proxyPort=3128 -Dhttps.proxyHost=x.x.x.x -Dhttps.proxyPort=3128 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=*.domain.local

This is functional under tomcat6 but not under tomcat7
The java Version is not change.

Java:
[12:51:32] schoekek@92:~> sudo ls -lah /usr/lib/jvm
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   24 Jun 26  2016 default-java -> java-1.7.0-openjdk-amd64

[12:50:05] schoekek@f92:~> dpkg -l|grep jre
ii  default-jre-headless               1:1.7-47+deb7u2                           amd64        Standard Java or Java compatible Runtime (headless)
ii  openjdk-7-jre-headless:amd64       7u111-2.6.7-2~deb7u1                      amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)

Tomcat:
Ii   tomcat7                            7.0.28-4+deb7u8

Is the configuration option or location in tomcat7 change?

thx Karsten

PS: Debian Bugreport: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848059

Re: Tomcat7 under Debian dont use outgoing proxy

Posted by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Hi. See below.

On 06.01.2017 13:01, Schke, Karsten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I updated tomcat under debian wheezy from tomcat6 to tomcat7.
> We use access to external http/https webservices via proxy option  JAVA_OPTS in in /etc/default/tomcat6|7
>
> -Dhttp.proxyHost=x.x.x.x -Dhttp.proxyPort=3128 -Dhttps.proxyHost=x.x.x.x -Dhttps.proxyPort=3128 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=*.domain.local
>
> This is functional under tomcat6 but not under tomcat7
> The java Version is not change.
>
> Java:
> [12:51:32] schoekek@92:~> sudo ls -lah /usr/lib/jvm
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   24 Jun 26  2016 default-java -> java-1.7.0-openjdk-amd64
>
> [12:50:05] schoekek@f92:~> dpkg -l|grep jre
> ii  default-jre-headless               1:1.7-47+deb7u2                           amd64        Standard Java or Java compatible Runtime (headless)
> ii  openjdk-7-jre-headless:amd64       7u111-2.6.7-2~deb7u1                      amd64        OpenJDK Java runtime, using Hotspot JIT (headless)
>
> Tomcat:
> Ii   tomcat7                            7.0.28-4+deb7u8
>
> Is the configuration option or location in tomcat7 change?
>
> thx Karsten
>
> PS: Debian Bugreport: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848059

1) The tomcat that you are using is a Debian packaged version. The code is the same as
what is distributed on the official Tomat website, but the Debian packagers re-organise a
lot of things in different directories, links, permissions etc.
So it's not that we do not want to help, but for this kind of issue it is difficult,
because we do not know exactly what the Debian package does.

In that sense, your bug report to Debian was the right thing to do.

2) The code of Tomcat itself does not make outgoing TCP connections.
So any use of the proxies that you define here, must be done by a Tomcat application,
which we do not know.
Another resource to help you, should be the supplier of that application.
Not much we can do on this end.