Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pat Quinn <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/09 02:06:31 UTC

[Tiles Beginner Question] Href & Tile Definitions

I've successfully got tiles up and running... I do understand how i can use
a tile definition as a struts forward for my actions.... but i'm looking to
redirect to a tile definition using a href link. E.g.

I have the following tile definition:

<definition name="my.home" extends="default" >
	<put name="title" value="MY PAGE TITLE HERE"/>
	<put name="body-content" value="home-body.jsp"/>
</definition>

I have tried the following but it doesn't work (i.e. passing the tile id as
a parameter to the ForwardAction):

<action path="/home"
	parameter="my.home"
	scope="request"
        type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
   	validate="false">
</action>

I guess what i'm really asking is there a predefined Action which will take
my tile Id and forward to this view....

Its not that i'm lazy as i could write one if i need too but this would mean
that i have to create a global forward for any tiles i want to access using
a href and then pass the global id to a temporary action in order to view my
definition which sounds like a very round about way to achieve this.

Any ideas guys??

Re: [Tiles Beginner Question] Href & Tile Definitions

Posted by Sandeep Takhar <sa...@yahoo.com>.
sorry I accidently hit <tab> on the last reply and it
sent the email somehow (some weird combination of
keystrokes).

What I wanted to finish was the action...

 <action path="/home"
 	scope="request"

 type="com.xxx.xxx.FowardAction"
    	validate="false">
   <forward
	name="display"			path="my.home"/>
 </action>

this probably doesn't answer your question the way you
want is my guess.

you can always call this from another action

<forward name="home" path="/Home.do"/>

sandeep

Posted by Sandeep Takhar <sa...@yahoo.com>.
I think you don't want to create an action to handle
the tiles reference right?

If not, then you can simply create a global action
that forwards to "display" say..