Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Johnson, Jonathan" <jj...@454.com> on 2006/01/26 23:31:42 UTC

multi-module maven 2 project

I'm using maven 2.0.2, Continuum 1.0.2 and java 1.5.  My project is a
multi-module that is laid out in the recommended maven 2 manner and is
building my projects (phew).  I have a couple questions about my
experiences so far.

1.	When I change some information in my parent pom.xml (such as the
developer list.)  do I have to readd the pom again.  Is there a refresh
option?

2.	If I add my parent pom.xsl it adds all the child modules again
and there are duplicate modules in the continuum projects list.  I then
have to remove my old modules and readjust the local continuum settings
such as the schedule and targets.  When I apply and updated pom, I wish
it just updated them and kept my local continuum settings.

3.	Removing projects from continuum can take several minutes.

4.	Adding project to continuum takes several minutes.

5.	Is performance being addressed or am I doing something wrong?
I'm running red hat linux box with a decent processor.  My multi-module
project only has about 1000 classes.  Its take me about 15 minutes to
update a pom.xml in continuum.

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

Re: multi-module maven 2 project

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Johnson, Jonathan a écrit :
> I'm using maven 2.0.2, Continuum 1.0.2 and java 1.5.  My project is a
> multi-module that is laid out in the recommended maven 2 manner and is
> building my projects (phew).  I have a couple questions about my
> experiences so far.
>

> 1.	When I change some information in my parent pom.xml (such as the
> developer list.)  do I have to readd the pom again.  Is there a refresh
> option?

Normally, the pom will be refresh automatically by continuum, but it doens't to do it. File an issue
about it.
So actually, if your pom isn't updated in continuum, delete your project and readd it.

> 2.	If I add my parent pom.xsl it adds all the child modules again
> and there are duplicate modules in the continuum projects list.  I then
> have to remove my old modules and readjust the local continuum settings
> such as the schedule and targets.  When I apply and updated pom, I wish
> it just updated them and kept my local continuum settings.

File an issue, i'll look at it.
Your modules was already in continuum before adding the parent, right?

> 3.	Removing projects from continuum can take several minutes.

If your project is big, it can take several minutes because we clean all infos in database and
directories.

> 4.	Adding project to continuum takes several minutes.

Only if you have lot of modules.

> 5.	Is performance being addressed or am I doing something wrong?
> I'm running red hat linux box with a decent processor.  My multi-module
> project only has about 1000 classes.  Its take me about 15 minutes to
> update a pom.xml in continuum.

Is it 15 minutes to checkout/update from scm or to build the project?

Emmanuel