Posted to builds@apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2011/03/08 22:03:56 UTC

Lucene slave [was: Re: Jenkins failure?]

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Could you also restart the Lucene slave? I cannot do this through
> webinterface (no admin rights). The machine is up and running; but the
> message in the webinterface is unclear, Hudson should be able to start the
> slave.

I'm guessing the slave got busted in the FreeBSD upgrade:

udson.util.IOException2: Could not find any known supported java
version in [java, /usr/bin/java, /usr/java/default/bin/java,
/usr/java/latest/bin/java, /usr/local/bin/java,
/usr/local/java/bin/java, /home/hudson/hudson-slave/jdk/bin/java], and
we also failed to install JDK as a fallback
	at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.resolveJava(SSHLauncher.java:230)
	at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.launch(SSHLauncher.java:184)
	at hudson.slaves.SlaveComputer$1.call(SlaveComputer.java:194)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

/niklas

RE: Lucene slave [was: Re: Jenkins failure?]

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
> Diablo-1.5 does not work anymore (it is neither in the ports dir and if
installed
> manually it does not find /bin/libz.so.3 - the diable-jdk 1.5 is simply
> outdated):
>
> [hudson@lucene /]$ /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libz.so.3" not found, required by
"java"

Problem solved by installing "compat6x".
I hope this very old Java version is enough to build Lucene, we will see --
triggering build.

Uwe

RE: Lucene slave [was: Re: Jenkins failure?]

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Diablo-1.5 does not work anymore (it is neither in the ports dir and if
installed manually it does not find /bin/libz.so.3 - the diable-jdk 1.5 is
simply outdated):

[hudson@lucene /]$ /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libz.so.3" not found, required by
"java"

This is unfixable, I spent the last three hours on that. Diable 1.6.0 is not
needed by us, we use openjdk, else Lucene/Solr's tests fail with crashing
JVMs

Uwe.

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler@apache.org
Apache Lucene PMC Member / Committer
Bremen, Germany
http://lucene.apache.org/

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
That's because the moderators suck.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <us...@apache.org>.
Hi again,

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Niklas,

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Thanks, I will take care and place a link to the correct jdk in usr/local. Should it start automatically?
--
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, 28213 Bremen

Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> schrieb:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote: > Could you also restart the Lucene slave? I cannot do this through > webinterface (no admin rights). The machine is up and running; but the > message in the webinterface is unclear, Hudson should be able to start the > slave. I'm guessing the slave got busted in the FreeBSD upgrade: udson.util.IOException2: Could not find any known supported java version in [java, /usr/bin/java, /usr/java/default/bin/java, /usr/java/latest/bin/java, /usr/local/bin/java, /usr/local/java/bin/java, /home/hudson/hudson-slave/jdk/bin/java], and we also failed to install JDK as a fallback 	at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.resolveJava(SSHLauncher.java:230) 	at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.launch(SSHLauncher.java:184) 	at hudson.slaves.SlaveComputer$1.call(SlaveComputer.java:194) 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303) 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138) 	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) /niklas