Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by John Christopher <jg...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/21 21:53:46 UTC

Jetspeed 1.6 Fusion - extending xreg data created in local_portlets.xreg on portlet registration

Is there a way to have registry information get added to certain JSR-168
portlets when they are registered?

I want to add a parameter like...
 <parameter name="allow_multiple" value="true" hidden="true"
cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
that I will use in the customizer-portletset-add.vm to only allow certain
portlets to be added twice on one pane.

I can hand add this to the local_portlets.xreg file after the portlets have
been deployed but this isn't the ideal solution.

I will be upfront and say we are using an old version of Jetspeed 1.5/6?
with Fusion backport. The included J2 libs are from an -a1 release.
We have a customized set up where we have all of our portlet wars included
in a .ear file and we have a PortletRegistration servlet that hooks
into to some no longer existing registration API to get the portlets
registered. I plan on upgrading but I have to talk management into allowing
the portlet wars exist outside of the .ear file.

Thanks,
John

--
Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find
easier ways to do something.