Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tyler Palsulich <tp...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/23 18:06:47 UTC

Hello

Hi All,

My name is Tyler Palsulich. I am a computer science master's student at NYU
who will be working with Chris Mattmann this summer. I'll be working
on the DARPA
XDATA <http://www.darpa.mil/Our_Work/I2O/Programs/XDATA.aspx> project at
JPL, using/adapting Tika to handle various Twitter and/or Bitcoin data. I'm
excited to start contributing to Tika!

Any development tips I should know?

Thanks,
Tyler

Re: Hello

Posted by Tyler Palsulich <tp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Tim! I'm more of an IntelliJ guy myself. IDEA has a feature where
you can check out a project directly from Subversion, which works pretty
well.

The `mvn test -DfailIfNoTests=false -Dtest=org.apache.tika.{...}` command
is very helpful with testing. :) Is there a good way to run the current
setup without JUnit, though (with just a basic main method)? Build the jar
and run from there?

Thanks, again.
Tyler

RE: Hello