Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thomas Palka <to...@vanion.com> on 2000/05/10 07:09:05 UTC

HTML end tags don't appear in generated pages

Hello, I'm using Cocoon 1.7.3 with Apache 1.3.12 on a Win2k machine.  It
was very simple to setup, and now I'm following some of the examples.  One
of the examples that I tried involves an imagemap.  The problem that I'm
running into is that some of the HTML tags that I specified in the XSL
file don't show up in the generated HTML output.  In my particular example
I see it with the imagemap -- the <MAP> tag shows up, but not the </MAP>.
That, of course, causes the imagemap not to work.  Other simpler examples
involve the LI tag.  Here is some sample code:

========= simple.xml ============
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="simple-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<page>
<item>item</item>
</page>
=================================

========== simple-html.xsl ======
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="page">
   <xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/html"</xsl:processing-instruction>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="item">
   <ul><li>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </li></ul>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
=================================

The output from Cocoon is:

=================================
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
<!-- This page was served from cache in 0 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.7.3 -->
relevant.  Running the  com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver XSLT program on the same
inputs generates the output I expected.  How come Cocoon is generating
something different?

Thank you,

Thomas Palka

Re: HTML end tags don't appear in generated pages

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Thomas Palka wrote:

> Hello, I'm using Cocoon 1.7.3 with Apache 1.3.12 on a Win2k machine.  It
> was very simple to setup, and now I'm following some of the examples.  One
> of the examples that I tried involves an imagemap.  The problem that I'm
> running into is that some of the HTML tags that I specified in the XSL
> file don't show up in the generated HTML output.  In my particular example
> I see it with the imagemap -- the <MAP> tag shows up, but not the </MAP>.
> That, of course, causes the imagemap not to work.  Other simpler examples
> involve the LI tag.  Here is some sample code:
>
> ========= simple.xml ============
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="simple-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <page>
> <item>item</item>
> </page>
> =================================
>
> ========== simple-html.xsl ======
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>   <xsl:template match="page">
>    <xsl:processing-instruction
> name="cocoon-format">type="text/html"</xsl:processing-instruction>
>      <xsl:apply-templates/>
>   </xsl:template>
>   <xsl:template match="item">
>    <ul><li>
>      <xsl:apply-templates/>
>    </li></ul>
>   </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
> =================================
>
> The output from Cocoon is:

> "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
> <!-- This page was served from cache in 0 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.7.3 -->
> relevant.  Running the  com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver XSLT program on the same
> inputs generates the output I expected.  How come Cocoon is generating
> something different?

You're lucky, man :)

XercesJ 1.0.4 is out and fixes this problem.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.