Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/19 09:02:07 UTC

Regarding Loacale

Hi,
I want to show my team mates the greatness of using wicket localization
feature.
We are working on Microsoft Windows XP.
I put a System.out.println(getLocale()); in one of my components.
I have changed in my computer from EN to FR (for example).
But the print is always en_US.
I know it's not a Wicket question, but how do I change the Locale not
progrmatically?

thanks

--
Eyal Golan
egolan74@gmail.com

Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74

Re: Regarding Loacale

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
no. session also has setlocale(locale) so you can call that on every
request if you wanted to...

-igor

Re: Regarding Loacale

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.

Re: Regarding Loacale

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
OK thanks, i found it :)
But now I have something else that is not working.
When I start my application after I set the language to fr_CH for example,
then the Locale is really fr_CH.
When I, on the fly, change the language to something else (de_CH), the
Locale in my application is not changed.

Maybe this is the way it should work, but if it's like that, then we can't
use this feature.
BTW, I saw that the Locale should be set in request in Session.
When I put a break point there, it didn't stop.

Re: Regarding Loacale

Posted by Meindert Deen <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: Regarding Loacale

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.