Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Sri Sankaran <Sr...@sas.com> on 2001/07/17 14:25:57 UTC

Location of Service file(s) (Was RE: Unable to deploy to SOAP 2.2 )

Thanks for all those who responded.  I'll try to answer all the follow up questions:

1.  Yes, I have a method named foo
2.  No, the method I need is not sayHelloTo, it is foo
3.  Yes, xerces.jar is the first jar file in the classpath -- actually I shouldn't need this since SOAP 2.2 uses JAXP

And yes, the path to the service file is Tomcat's classpath as well.

I have even tried using the Apache SOAP admin client to deploy it.  In this case the deployment is "successful";i.e. no errors are reported.  However, I get the NoSuchMethodError at runtime when I try to access the service.

Probably a more fundamental question should be:  Where should the service file(s) be located?  Does it matter as long as it is in Tomcat's classpath?

Sri