Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Andrew Mason <an...@assertis.net> on 2006/03/24 13:08:59 UTC

#parse expensive ?

Hi guiys,
Just wondering how expensive a #parse() is in terms of time taken to render a
page? I have a few servlets which take between 12-18 ms to do the
getTemplate() method. I'm not sure if this is extremely fast for the amount
of work it's doing or about average or slow. The getTemplate() function seems
to be the most time consuming thing the servlet is doing, the rest combined
is between 4-6ms  The servlet isn't particularly slow but I am always looking
for ways to speed things up. Are there operations that I should avoid in the
templates.

kind regards
Andrew M

Re: #parse expensive ?

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi Andrew,

I don't have much specific feedback on this, except be sure template
caching is turned on.  Otherwise, performance testing is the key.  If
you find anything useful, let us know!

WILL

On 3/24/06, Andrew Mason <an...@assertis.net> wrote:
> Hi guiys,
> Just wondering how expensive a #parse() is in terms of time taken to render a
> page? I have a few servlets which take between 12-18 ms to do the
> getTemplate() method. I'm not sure if this is extremely fast for the amount
> of work it's doing or about average or slow. The getTemplate() function seems
> to be the most time consuming thing the servlet is doing, the rest combined
> is between 4-6ms  The servlet isn't particularly slow but I am always looking
> for ways to speed things up. Are there operations that I should avoid in the
> templates.
>
> kind regards
> Andrew M

Forio Business Simulations