Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fabrice Brazier <fa...@apalia.net> on 2012/11/15 11:55:25 UTC

Forbid direct API connection

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to disable the API connection on a  management server ?

I don’t want to allow api request from internet.

Thanks,

Fabrice

--
Fabrice Brazier
*Apalia*™*

RE: Forbid direct API connection

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Fabrice

Are you using port 8080 or 8096 for API calls?

If its 8096 - you can setup iptable rules to allow only incoming connection from x host.

Regards
ilya

________________________________

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Fabrice,

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Fabrice Brazier
<fa...@apalia.net> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> Is there a way to disable the API connection on a  management server ?
>
> I don’t want to allow api request from internet.

So it's an ugly way of doing things - but don't allow inbound
connections on 8080, and run things through a rev. proxy - and don't
let anything with the path /client/api/ pass

--David