Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by David Schloss <ds...@desres.com> on 2001/04/21 02:46:21 UTC

How should I set CLASSPATH in Win2000 Apache?

Hi,
Apologies for my ignorance, but I'm new to Win2000 and Apache (and
several other things, but ...).  I am trying to install apache.org SOAP
2.1 into Apache 1.3.17 running on Windows 2000.  It looks like Apache is
set up to run as a Win2k service.

I downloaded SOAP 2.1, Xerces 1.3.0, Javamail 1.2, and JAF 1.0.1.  To
install, I've got to set the CLASSPATH, making sure to put Xerces in
front of the old version.

My dumb question is how to best set the CLASSPATH.

To no great surprise, the ms site does not offer much Java help.  It
looks like I can set it from the command line (for the session), but it
looks like that would put Xerces too far back.  None of the startup
files mentioned in the Tomcat 3.2 page exist, though I'd be happy to
create one if I knew which one or where.  Setting the DEVCLASSPATH
registry key looks like it would put Xerces in the right place, but I
have not found what branch to put it in, and I hesitate to touch the
registry unless someone tells me that it's the right thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any help,
David