Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Deacon Marcus <de...@wwtech.pl> on 2001/09/05 05:46:36 UTC

Tomcat fan-sites, plushies, etc

Hi,
Are there any Tomcat fan-sites? Not support, help, etc, but _fan_ sites?
Are there any Tomcat mugs, posters, plushies, etc? One of my co-workers
threatens me she'll hurt me if I won't get a Tomcat plushie for her... ;/

Greetings,
     deacon Marcus

p.s. Great work. Great-great-great work. I love you guys. Always remember I
have enough faith in your work to use your latest beta versions in
production environment :)

Re: Tomcat fan-sites, plushies, etc

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.
Quoting Deacon Marcus <de...@wwtech.pl>:

> Hi,
> Are there any Tomcat fan-sites? Not support, help, etc, but _fan_
> sites?
> Are there any Tomcat mugs, posters, plushies, etc?

Personally, I think we should lobby the appropriate electronics company for our
very own "Special Edition Tomcat Furbee" doll. Instead of talking in normal
babble:

   Mee ti-ti, doma dee ...

It could instead talk in Jakarta babble:

   JSP Mangler, valve realm context loader ...

Just think of it. Rather than spending hours trying to teach a fuzzy, inamimate
object to speak English, you could instead spend hours having it teach you to
speak Jakarta. =)

(Plus, the Tomcat guy isn't nearly creepy as that Duke thingy, so it wouldn't
frighten the children.)

- Christopher

/**
 * Pleurez, pleurez, mes yeux, et fondez vous en eau!
 * La moitié de ma vie a mis l'autre au tombeau.
 *    ---Cornelle
 */

RE: Tomcat fan-sites, plushies, etc

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
Actually, the tomcat_32 nightlies are very stable.  I'm about the only one
still committing much to that branch and I've been pretty slow these days.
All the stuff going in there are minor bug fixes with little risk of
breaking existing functionality.

The nightlies don't get the large scale user testing that a beta drop gets,
but with a little testing in my own application environment I wouldn't
hesitate to run a tomcat_32 nightly in production.

Marc Saegesser

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.

Posted by Shawn McMurdo <sh...@lutris.com>.
I've got a Tomcat mug.
If I wasn't drinking my coffee out of it right now,
it seems like it might be a good Ebay auction item!
Although it's only the standard one that says "Sun Developer Connecttion"
on the back and not the rare double print one that if you look in the cat's
eyes you can see the initials of Craig, Costin, Jon, Pier, etc.
;-)
Shawn

--
Shawn McMurdo              mailto:shawn@lutris.com