Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jennifer Coston <Je...@raytheon.com> on 2017/01/04 18:32:25 UTC

-ea assertions mismatch error when running JUnit test

Hello,

I am trying to switch from using the SolrJ Embedded Server to the SolrJettyTestBase in my Junit tests. However, I am getting the following error:

java.lang.Exception: Assertions mismatch: -ea was not specified but -Dtests.asserts=true

                at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([5B25E606A72BD541]:0)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleAssertionsRequired$1.evaluate(TestRuleAssertionsRequired.java:47)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:47)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:64)

                at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites.java:54)

                at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)

                at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:367)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I reached out to the Solr User list, and they said that I need to either add "-ea" to the java commandline or remove the system property. The problem is that I didn't specify the property and I'm not sure how to tell the project not to test the asserts besides adding System.setProperty("tests.asserts", "false"); which didn't work. I have been told to re-direct my question to you. I have created a simple project on github (https://github.com/jencodingatwork/SolrTestClass) so that you can see the issue. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Jennifer