Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by peterg <pe...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/03 10:07:46 UTC

Re: Release PaxExam Karaf Testframework 0.3 .0

Hi,

does this mean that it currently isn't possible to have a feature loaded
into Karaf using a configuration method similar to the following:

	@Configuration
	public Option[] config() {
		KarafDistributionConfigurationOption karafOption =
karafDistributionConfiguration(
				"mvn:org.apache.karaf/apache-karaf/2.2.4/zip", "karaf", "2.2.4")
		FeaturesScannerProvisionOption provisionOption = scanFeatures(maven()
				.groupId("...").artifactId("...").type("xml")
				.classifier("features").version("..."),
"feature-to-be-installed").start();

		return new Option[] { karafOption, provisionOption };
	}

Furthermore, I also noted that I needed to use the javax.inject.Inject class
rather than org.ops4j.pax.exam.Inject to get the BundleContext injected
using a @Inject annotation.
Maybe this needs to be pointed out in the documentation (perhaps it is
already?)?

best regards, Peter

Re: Release PaxExam Karaf Testframework 0.3 .0

Posted by peterg <pe...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks!

best regards, Peter

Re: Release PaxExam Karaf Testframework 0.3 .0

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Peter,

Answers inline,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:07, peterg <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does this mean that it currently isn't possible to have a feature loaded
> into Karaf using a configuration method similar to the following:
>

>        @Configuration
>        public Option[] config() {
>                KarafDistributionConfigurationOption karafOption =
> karafDistributionConfiguration(
>
>  "mvn:org.apache.karaf/apache-karaf/2.2.4/zip", "karaf", "2.2.4")
>                FeaturesScannerProvisionOption provisionOption =
> scanFeatures(maven()
>
>  .groupId("...").artifactId("...").type("xml")
>                                .classifier("features").version("..."),
> "feature-to-be-installed").start();
>
>                return new Option[] { karafOption, provisionOption };
>        }

Not right now; there is already an issue (
http://issues.openengsb.org/jira/browse/LAB-84) to address this. I've some
time at the weekend and will spend it to finish a 0.3.1 and 0.4.0 version.
I hope I'm able to include this feature request.

> Furthermore, I also noted that I needed to use the javax.inject.Inject
> class
> rather than org.ops4j.pax.exam.Inject to get the BundleContext injected
> using a @Inject annotation.
> Maybe this needs to be pointed out in the documentation (perhaps it is
> already?)?

Yeah I've missed that. Thanks for the hint. I've updated the FAQ to include
this (https://github.com/openengsb/labs-paxexam-karaf/wiki/FAQ).

Thanks again; I'll keep you posted about news and new releases.

Kind regards,
Andreas