Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org> on 2016/06/16 11:20:12 UTC

[VOTE] Aries Transaction Control 0.0.1 (first release)

Hi all,

As I’m sure you’ve seen from list traffic over the last few months I’ve been working on an implementation of OSGi RFC 221 in Aries. The project provides implementations of both local and XA transactions, as well as resource providers for JDBC and JPA. The latter resource provider makes use of the Aries JPA container 2.4.0 release.

There has been quite a bit of user interest in the project, and there is even an OSGi enRoute example being developed using Aries Transaction Control. Because of this It feels to be the right time for a 0.0.1 release. This will let people kick the tyres a little harder, and hopefully provide a good point for collecting further user feedback.

Obviously the OSGi API being implemented by these components is not final. To ensure that this doesn’t case a problem I have done two things. Firstly, the projects are being released at a 0.0.x version, secondly, the OSGi API packages are being exported with a mandatory attribute of api.status=aries.prerelease. This forces users to opt-in to using the API. Obviously the attribute will be removed once the OSGi API is finalised.

I’ve staged a repository at

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachearies-1072

The main source release is available at https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachearies-1072/content/org/apache/aries/tx-control/tx-control/0.0.1/tx-control-0.0.1-source-release.zip

Please review the artifacts and vote:

 [ ] +1 Release the above artifacts
 [ ] -1 Do not

As a PMC member I vote +1

Best Regards,

Tim

Re: [VOTE] Aries Transaction Control 0.0.1 (first release)

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

David

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Aries Transaction Control 0.0.1 (first release)

Posted by John Ross <jw...@gmail.com>.
+1

I will note the following RAT failures and request that the appropriate
licenses get added post release where required. I think the README files
are okay? In the past, however, we have included licenses in both the pom
and packageinfo files. I don't know whether or not that's absolutely
required by Apache.

RAT FAILURE:?????
tx-control-provider-jdbc-local/README.md !?????
tx-control-provider-jdbc-local/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-service-xa/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-itests/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-service-local/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-service-common/pom.xml !?????
README.md !?????
tx-control-jpa-itests/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-provider-jpa-xa/README.md !?????
tx-control-provider-jpa-xa/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-provider-jdbc-xa/README.md !?????
tx-control-provider-jdbc-xa/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-provider-jpa-local/README.md !?????
tx-control-provider-jpa-local/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-provider-jdbc-common/pom.xml !?????
tx-control-api/src/main/java/org/osgi/service/transaction/control/jpa/packageinfo
!?????
tx-control-api/src/main/java/org/osgi/service/transaction/control/jdbc/packageinfo
!?????
tx-control-api/src/main/java/org/osgi/service/transaction/control/recovery/packageinfo
!?????
tx-control-api/src/main/java/org/osgi/service/transaction/control/packageinfo
!?????
tx-control-api/pom.xml

[RESULT][VOTE] Aries Transaction Control 0.0.1 (first release)

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Voting has now been open for over 72 hours, and there are sufficient votes to declare a result.

This vote passes with 5 binding +1 votes (Tim Ward, David Bosschaert, John Ross, Christian Schneider, Jean
Baptiste Onofré)

I will finalise the release and push the artifacts to Maven Central.

Best Regards, and thanks to all of you.

Tim

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Christian

> [...]
> >> Control. Because of this It feels to be the right time for a 0.0.1
> release.
> >> This will let people kick the tyres a little harder, and hopefully
> provide
> >> a good point for collecting further user feedback.
> >>
> >> Obviously the OSGi API being implemented by these components is not
> final.
> >> To ensure that this doesn’t case a problem I have done two things.
> Firstly,
> >> the projects are being released at a 0.0.x version, secondly, the OSGi
> API
> >> packages are being exported with a mandatory attribute of
> >> api.status=aries.prerelease. This forces users to opt-in to using the
> API.
> >> Obviously the attribute will be removed once the OSGi API is finalised.

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi John,