Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Benjamin Roth <be...@jaumo.com> on 2017/02/15 19:51:05 UTC

MV improvements

Hi there,

I'd like to start working on some MV improvements the next days. I created
several tickets for that some weeks ago.

Which is the right branch to start working on? The tick-tock discussion
about different branches lately was a bit confusing.

Second question:
Is there anybody out there who would like to assist me or would like to
work together on that?
I have several ideas for improvements and I'd love to work on them but I
know only a small part of the whole code base and also have little
experience with the history of the code base. If not, I will start alone
but I'd appreciate any kind of support.

Thanks folks!

--
Benjamin Roth
Prokurist

Jaumo GmbH · www.jaumo.com
Wehrstraße 46 · 73035 Göppingen · Germany
Phone +49 7161 304880-6 · Fax +49 7161 304880-1
AG Ulm · HRB 731058 · Managing Director: Jens Kammerer

Re: MV improvements

Posted by Aleksey Yeschenko <al...@apache.org>.
To some extent it’s fluid.

For outright MV bugs (correctness, severe performance issues), 3.11 would still be allowed.
Unless the change set touches too much code and is deemed to be potentially destabilising.

I would recommend starting all the work on trunk, and on case-by-case basis (think committer consensus),
backport all/some of the patches to 3.11.

--
AY