Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Pedro Boado <pe...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/20 14:59:32 UTC

Why can Cache of region boundaries are out of date be happening in 4.5.x?

Hi,

we're just having in production an
org.apache.phoenix.schema.StaleRegionBoundaryCacheException:
ERROR 1108 (XCL08): Cache of region boundaries are out of date.

and we don't find a lot of information about the error apart of

The error occurred in similar circumstances to the ticket's but what's
weird is that the table is no longer available for query.

Why does this happen? Can a reboot harm the database? Our ops guys are
reluctant on rebooting the server just in case it doesn't start again.

Any help is welcome!!

Cheers!
Pedro

Re: Why can Cache of region boundaries are out of date be happening in 4.5.x?

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.
It could be because of stale stats due to the merging of region or
something, you can try deleting the stats from SYSTEM.STATS.
http://apache-phoenix-user-list.1124778.n5.nabble.com/Cache-of-region-boundaries-are-out-of-date-during-index-creation-td1213.html