Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alejandro Montenegro <aa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/19 23:13:20 UTC

what "role" should I assign the weakest node in a hadoop cluster

Hi,
Im working on a proof of concept with hadoop and I have got a little lab
with 4 machine, one of those has half of ram memory than the rest so I would
llike to assign it the less process intensive work for this machine, I
believe it is the JobTracker/NameNode but want to hear your opinion.

thanks
--
Alejandro Montenegro del Pino.
Viña del Mar - Chile

Re: what "role" should I assign the weakest node in a hadoop cluster

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
It depends on how weak this node is because NameNode is SPOF.