Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by kr...@collaborativedrug.com on 2008/04/01 00:47:28 UTC

Startup scripts not working on Mac

Hi there,

I've just started using ActiveMQ, and I am having trouble running it as a
daemon.

I am able to launch it just fine with 'bin/activemq', but when I run
'bin/macosx/activemq start', it appears to be starting, but does not.

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.11.

More details:
typing 'bin/macosx/activemq start' produces the following:
Starting ActiveMQ Broker...
wrapper  | Working directory set to: .
wrapper  | Spawning intermediate process...

Which all sounds good, but then I can't find the process, and typing
'bin/macosx/activemq stop' produces:
Stopping ActiveMQ Broker...
ActiveMQ Broker was not running.

When I turn on logging in the wrapper.conf and run 'bin/macosx/activemq
console', I get:
Running ActiveMQ Broker...
wrapper  | Working directory set to: .
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Using tick timer.
wrapperp | server listening on port 32000.
wrapper  | Command[0] : java
wrapper  | Command[1] : -Dactivemq.home=../..
wrapper  | Command[2] : -Dactivemq.base=../..
wrapper  | Command[3] : -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=password
wrapper  | Command[4] : -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password
wrapper  | Command[5] : -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=../../conf/broker.ks
wrapper  | Command[6] : -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=../../conf/broker.ts
wrapper  | Command[7] : -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
wrapper  | Command[8] : -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
wrapper  | Command[9] : -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true
wrapper  | Command[10] : -Xmx512m
wrapper  | Command[11] : -Djava.library.path=../../bin/macosx/
wrapper  | Command[12] : -classpath
wrapper  | Command[13] : ../../bin/wrapper.jar:../../bin/run.jar
wrapper  | Command[14] : -Dwrapper.key=N1wrVn5KYWTGb7LC
wrapper  | Command[15] : -Dwrapper.port=32000
wrapper  | Command[16] : -Dwrapper.jvm.port.min=31000
wrapper  | Command[17] : -Dwrapper.jvm.port.max=31999
wrapper  | Command[18] : -Dwrapper.debug=TRUE
wrapper  | Command[19] : -Dwrapper.pid=4864
wrapper  | Command[20] : -Dwrapper.version=3.2.0
wrapper  | Command[21] : -Dwrapper.native_library=wrapper
wrapper  | Command[22] : -Dwrapper.cpu.timeout=10
wrapper  | Command[23] : -Dwrapper.jvmid=1
wrapper  | Command[24] : org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp
wrapper  | Command[25] : org.apache.activemq.console.Main
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | WrapperManager class initialized by thread: main  Using
classloader: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@33056f
jvm 1    | Wrapper (Version 3.2.0) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: JVM #1
jvm 1    | Running a 32-bit JVM.
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: Registering shutdown hook
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: Using wrapper
jvm 1    | Load native library.  One or more attempts may fail if platform
specific libraries do not exist.
jvm 1    | Loading native library failed: libwrapper-macosx-x86-32.jnilib
Cause: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no wrapper-macosx-x86-32 in
java.library.path
jvm 1    | Loading native library failed:
libwrapper-macosx-universal-32.jnilib  Cause:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no wrapper-macosx-universal-32 in
java.library.path
jvm 1    | Loaded native library: libwrapper.jnilib
jvm 1    | Calling native initialization method.
jvm 1    | Inside native WrapperManager initialization method
jvm 1    | Java Version   : 1.5.0_13-b05-241 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
jvm 1    | Java VM Vendor : "Apple Computer, Inc."
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    |
WrapperManager.start(org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp@87c268,
args[]) called by thread: main
jvm 1    | Open socket to wrapper...Wrapper-Connection
jvm 1    | Opened Socket from 31000 to 32000
jvm 1    | Send a packet KEY : N1wrVn5KYWTGb7LC
jvm 1    |
handleSocket(Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=32000,localport=31000])
wrapperp | accepted a socket from 127.0.0.1 on port 31000
wrapperp | read a packet KEY : N1wrVn5KYWTGb7LC
wrapper  | Got key from JVM: N1wrVn5KYWTGb7LC
wrapperp | send a packet LOW_LOG_LEVEL : 1
wrapperp | send a packet PING_TIMEOUT : 30
wrapperp | send a packet PROPERTIES : (Property Values)
wrapper  | Start Application.
wrapperp | send a packet START : start
jvm 1    | Received a packet LOW_LOG_LEVEL : 1
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: LowLogLevel from Wrapper is 1
jvm 1    | Received a packet PING_TIMEOUT : 30
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: PingTimeout from Wrapper is 30000
jvm 1    | Received a packet PROPERTIES : (Property Values)
jvm 1    | Monitoring of the JVM thread count will be delayed for 1 seconds.
jvm 1    | Received a packet START : start
jvm 1    | calling listener.start()
jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: start(args) Will wait up to 2 seconds for the
main method to complete.
jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: invoking main method
jvm 1    | ACTIVEMQ_HOME: ../..
jvm 1    | ACTIVEMQ_BASE: ../..
jvm 1    | Usage: Main [--extdir <dir>] [task] [task-options] [task data]
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | Tasks (default task is start):
jvm 1    |     start           - Creates and starts a broker using a
configuration file, or a broker URI.
jvm 1    |     stop            - Stops a running broker specified by the
broker name.
jvm 1    |     list            - Lists all available brokers in the
specified JMX context.
jvm 1    |     query           - Display selected broker component's
attributes and statistics.
jvm 1    |     browse          - Display selected messages in a specified
destination.
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | Task Options (Options specific to each task):
jvm 1    |     --extdir <dir>  - Add the jar files in the directory to the
classpath.
jvm 1    |     --version       - Display the version information.
jvm 1    |     -h,-?,--help    - Display this help information. To display
task specific help, use Main [task] -h,-?,--help
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | Task Data:
jvm 1    |     - Information needed by each specific task.
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: main method completed
jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: start(args) end.  Main Completed=true,
exitCode=null
jvm 1    | returned from listener.start()
jvm 1    | Send a packet STARTED :
wrapperp | read a packet STARTED :
wrapper  | JVM signalled that it was started.
wrapperp | send a packet PING : ping
jvm 1    | Received a packet PING : ping
jvm 1    | Send a packet PING : ok
jvm 1    | Non-daemon thread count = 1 - 1(system) = 0
jvm 1    | All non-daemon threads have stopped.  Exiting.
jvm 1    | WrapperManager.stop(0) called by thread: Wrapper-Connection
jvm 1    | Send a packet STOP : 0
wrapperp | read a packet PING : ok
wrapper  | Got ping response from JVM
wrapperp | read a packet STOP : 0
wrapper  | JVM requested a shutdown. (0)
wrapper  | wrapperStopProcess(0) called.
wrapper  | Sending stop signal to JVM
wrapperp | send a packet STOP : NULL
jvm 1    | Thread, Wrapper-Connection, handling the shutdown process.
jvm 1    | calling listener.stop()
jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: stop(0)
jvm 1    | returned from listener.stop()
jvm 1    | Send a packet STOPPED : 0
wrapperp | read a packet STOPPED : 0
wrapper  | JVM signalled that it was stopped.
jvm 1    | Closing socket.
wrapperp | socket read no code (closed?).
wrapperp | server listening on port 32001.
jvm 1    | calling System.exit(0)
wrapper  | JVM process exited with a code of 0, leaving the wrapper exit
code set to 0.
wrapper  | JVM exited normally.
wrapper  | Signal trapped.  Details:
wrapper  |   signal number=20 (SIGCHLD), source="unknown"
wrapper  | Received SIGCHLD, calling wait().
wrapper  | wait() returned, child process should be gone.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Krishna

Re: Startup scripts not working on Mac

Posted by Krishna Dole <kr...@collaborativedrug.com>.
Hey gdaswani,

Thanks! That is very helpful information, and saved me hours. I've
since heard the same things about 5.0 from other sources. It's too
bad the ActiveMQ downloads page doesn't recommend a stable release
that is... stable.

Thanks again!

Krishna

Posted by gdaswani <ge...@hotmail.com>.