Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Ahmed M. Alawy" <al...@ieee.org> on 2000/03/17 18:06:47 UTC

I am a supporter of the Apache project but this affection is getting sticky!

I have to flood your mailing list with unsubscribe me emails and I do not
trust your system to unsubscribe me.
I have tried to unsubscribe myself several times. I am using Microsoft
Outlook and my email alawy.ahmed@ieee.org is the only email the system
knows. I am not able to unsubscribe myself. This is the email I subscribed
to and this is the same email address that I am getting emails to. Like I
said, I have this mail client on my NT box with direct connection to the
internet. So no confusion on my side. For God's sake, I have written mailing
systems before and know what it takes to subscribe-unsubscribe.

Your system is not letting go and I have heard lots of "stupid" comments
from stupid conceited developers of yours.

I hate to see my mailbox flooded with unasked-for-emails like this.

A supporter of apache who is losing patience.

Ahmed M. Alawy
Senior Software Engineer,
Swiss Bank.

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

It seems not... Since you're NOT subscribed to general@xml.apache.org
thru the alawy.ahmed@ieee.org address... I just checked...

> Your system is not letting go and I have heard lots of "stupid" comments
> from stupid conceited developers of yours.

The system is working perfectly, if only users would care to READ what's
in xml.apache.org/mail.html

> I hate to see my mailbox flooded with unasked-for-emails like this.

I hate it too....

> A supporter of apache who is losing patience.

The webmaster who is losing patience...

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
"Ahmed M. Alawy" wrote:

> I am a supporter of the Apache project but this affection is getting sticky!
>
> I have to flood your mailing list with unsubscribe me emails and I do not
> trust your system to unsubscribe me.

Hmmm. Exactly One subscribe and one unsubscribe.

> I have tried to unsubscribe myself several times. I am using Microsoft
> Outlook and my email alawy.ahmed@ieee.org is the only email the system
> knows. I am not able to unsubscribe myself. This is the email I subscribed
> to and this is the same email address that I am getting emails to. Like I
> said, I have this mail client on my NT box with direct connection to the
> internet. So no confusion on my side. For God's sake, I have written mailing
> systems before and know what it takes to subscribe-unsubscribe.

> Your system is not letting go and I have heard lots of "stupid" comments
> from stupid conceited developers of yours.

You can always use the -owner syntax to reach the owner without bothering
the world. Secondly there is no 'alawy.ahmed@ieee.org' subscribed at this
moment in time to any @xml.apache.org list.

You subscribed on 	Sat Feb 19 23:24:29 2000
And you unsubscribed 	Fri Mar 17 17:21:55 2000

There are no failed (un)subscribtion attempts from your domain @ieee.org.

> I hate to see my mailbox flooded with unasked-for-emails like this.
> A supporter of apache who is losing patience.

I guess you are not the only one :-) If you want to actually _HELP_
please email me privately with the exact times/dates you tried to
(un)subscribe, the error you got back, if any, and if possible the
message ID's. If you have the IP or C-Class from which you send the
msg, that is even better. And I'll try to get to the bottom of it.

As it seems to work for a lot of people generally. (20 on/off rq's
in the last days).

Dw