Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 16:53:52 UTC

Archiva will not stop forcing password resets!

We installed Archiva 1.1 last summer for internal project use.  When creating
every user in the system, we always uncheck the "Force User to Change
Password" checkbox in User Management, because it's incredibly annoying and
completely unnecessary for us.

However, since we installed Archiva it has forced all of our users to change
their passwords several times.  During this latest round of forced password
changes, all of the users seem to get Locked even after they successfully
change the password.  Even if I sign in as admin and unlock them, as soon as
they try to sign-in again Archiva immediately locks them and they cannot
sign in.  I'm not sure how to fix this other than to delete all of the users
and re-create them (which is just ridiculous - there has to be a better
way).

I've seen lots of messages on the mailing list about this force password
change/locked user problem, but no one ever seems to offer any definitive
answers or workarounds.

Is there a way in Archiva 1.1 to COMPLETELY disable this forced password
changing?  Also, in Archiva 1.1 how can I ACTUALLY unlock users so they can
continue to use the system?

Thanks,
Zach

Re: AW: Archiva will not stop forcing password resets!

Posted by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com>.
So security.properties is now in 3 places on our server:
 - /usr/local/apache-archiva-1.1/conf
 - /var/lib/archiva/conf
 - ~/.m2

I restarted archiva and I still see the same behavior: I can sign in with
the admin user, but when I try to sign in as another user, it doesn't sign
in, no error messages, just takes me to the Search screen.  If I then sign
in as admin again, that other user is locked under User Management.  Even if
I change that user's password as the admin, I still can't sign in with that
other user.

Any ideas on how to make Archiva just be happy with this other user, and not
keep locking them out?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

AW: AW: Archiva will not stop forcing password resets!

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
no. but try to put it in the directory where you start the app.

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Posted by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com>.
Have you checked out this: