Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by 김세현 <se...@tagfree.com> on 2001/05/09 04:09:32 UTC

What's the problem on this sample result?

when I run sample(stockquote) in apache-soap, I got this result.

what's the problem?

-------------------------------
$ java GetQuote http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter IBM
Exception in thread "main" [ SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must
contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a
'faultcode' element.]
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
at GetQuote.main(GetQuote.java:103)

Re: What's the problem on this sample result?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
If you use the Apache SOAP 2.1 release, you must use Xerces 1.3.0 or earlier.  You can either use the Apache SOAP nightly build, which works with Xerces 1.3.1, or use a different version of xerces.

Scott

Posted by "Seyong, Um" <ar...@hanbbs.net>.
Hi, SeHeyun.

Change your xerces to 1.2.3 or 1.3.0 or some.
You seem to use 1.3.1 now.

And make sure that xerces place front of your CLASSPATH. (at least any other XML parser)

PS; Nice to see korean here!

--
Se-Yong, Um
Republic of Korea