Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/24 13:31:11 UTC

[VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate 4.4-RC20150324T1321

Hi All, (please note that the last release candidate did not get
enough attention to make quorum)

I've created a 4.4.3 release, with the following artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SH:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.4-RC20150324T1321
Commit: 483490534a8a091c7af7c61d1eaf5c0192f646d9

List of changes:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.4.3

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.4.3

PGP release keys (signed using AA4736F3):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

--
Daan

Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate 4.4-RC20150324T1321

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Pierre, there have been two RCs I’m not sure which one are you testing/building against. I’ve already shared that there were build problems that I had fixed in the first RC.

Please test latest 4.4 and discuss issues here so we can fix things before we ask Daan to start another RC round.

> On 01-Apr-2015, at 9:24 pm, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:
>
> Rohit, from what I'm understanding here  is that your builded RPM's are not
> the RC as they have extra commits into it. I'm not sure this is a correct
> way. if this RC1 need fixes, shouldn't we create a new RC2?
>
> anyhow, I don't know  if anybody succeed to build RPM's from the RC, I
> can't but I'm not sure if it's my setup. kind of doubt as their was failure
> into jenkins build in the period of time the RC as been created.
>
> Thanks,
>

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:19 AM, Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> My shared rpms are the RC plus those additional build patches (no change
>> to core cloudstack but only packaging).
>>
>>> On 31-Mar-2015, at 7:13 pm, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Rohit, I'm experiencing this rpmbuild issue with the RC branch, true that
>>> it's working on 4.4 branch.
>>> Does your shared RPM are build from 4.4 or RC branch?
>>>
>>> thanks

>> /data/lib/jenkins/workspace/CloudStack-4.4-RC_nodist_rpms/dist/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/cloudstack-4.4.3-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/classes/vms

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate 4.4-RC20150324T1321

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

Tested an upgrade of a running system from 4.3.2 - advanced zone using
XenServer

Also tested taking a base install of 4.3.2 which had not been used and
upgrading to 4.4.3 and then deploying a new Zone, Isolated Networks, VPCs,
setting up ACLs etc.

Simple set of tests due to limited time, but no problems found.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542 <tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540
<tel:+442036030540> | M: +447968161581 <tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com
<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru
<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

<x-apple-data-detectors://5>