Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/28 15:50:48 UTC

Re: There have any way let C++ client to check Queue or topic size on broker side.

Hello,

You could use the c++ QMF API to accomplish this.
The following link could provide and overview of QMF
http://qpid.apache.org/qpid-management-framework.htm

I will leave it to Ted to point out to any documentation to the C++
API as he is the expert.

Regards,

Rajith

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:30 PM, xinfang <pc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want  c++ producer can check the queue size on broker . then i can my
> sender can do some action when i know the queue size .

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Posted by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com>.
now i refer to some sample code i can get the Queue info by
Console/SessionManager and ConosleListener, but only need this program run
with borker one machine.

so i 'm not sure this way is correct ,, and how to uses this program to get
info from remote broker.

any idea?

xinfang wrote:

> Actually want to write a API or library , this library function may be
> same console.  it provide some APIs
> getQueueSize(Queue Name)
> getQueueCount(..)
>
> the sender project can call getqueuesize and faster return the info
>
> i see ,may be there have another way . use qmf console. my library caught
> qmfconsole return info and parser the data(i didn't try it). but i want my
> library can immediacy call qmfcommand or some api and return data.
>
> Thanks
>

> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>

>> To read the stats from the broker you need Console, which I believe
>> depends on common
>>
>> Carl.
>>

>> xinfang wrote:
>>> Rajith  Thanks for your reply.
>>>
>>> Yes ,Now i'm looking at QMF and i also looking at the QMFAgent,
>>> QMFConsole's
>>> code. Actually i want to find out in my new project for C++ which
>>> library do
>>> i need to link..  bcs i saw more lib files in src/.libs/ folder.
>>> QMFAgent.so
>>> QMFCommon.so

Posted by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com>.

Actually want a write a API or library , this library function may be same

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com>.