Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> on 2016/03/19 17:29:24 UTC

How should the docs be versioned?

The docs say version 0.3.0 which I think should at least be updated
0.4.0 but maybe 0.5.0 prerelease if we are going to be working on master
to update them with current development work.

Once we have a release, will we be providing multiple versions of the
doc on the website?  If so, how will this work?

Thanks

Kathey

Re: How should the docs be versioned?

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
> On Saturday, March 19, 2016 7:43 PM, Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I think it’s hard to make every snapshot of docs per each release.
> How about insert commnet in docs about “VersionChanges” information
> according to the version Like Hivedoc?(
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+Cli)

+1

Start with the simpler Hive scheme.