Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/06/17 18:06:43 UTC

releasing the rest of the build artifacts

I'm ready to release the rest of the build artifacts.  Once this is
done, I'd like to try to release uimaj 2.3.1 as our official first
release without the -incubator :-).

So- please consider looking through any open Jiras on 2.3.1 uimaj and
working to close them.

----

My first attempt to release the rest of the build artifacts failed:

mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true (in the aggregate-parent-poms project)
worked, but when I left off the -DdryRun=true, it failed at the first
pom which referenced a parent which was in the set being released.

I've posted a question on maven-user about this.

But I'm proceeding by doing a set of releases - one for each level of
the parent hierarchy (there are 3 more to go; we've released the "top" one).

So brace yourselves for 3 release votes :-) .

-Marshall

Re: releasing the rest of the build artifacts

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
seems the support for "flat" styles (which we use) where the aggregate
pom doesn't physically contain the modules being aggregated, is in the
Release Plugin version 2.0.

The version the Apache Common parent pom specifies is 2.0-beta9, and the
support for "flat" was put in later.

I'll see if upgrading to that version fixes things...

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
update: