Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Long, Christian (Christian)" <cl...@avaya.com> on 2003/08/12 15:55:26 UTC

"Official" support matrix

Can anyone point me to a list of supported OS and web servers for tomcat? Specifically, I'd like to know which version(s) of tomcat work under IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003. I've seen a few messages saying "I think it works" or "it doesn't seem supported" but I'd like a more definitive answer if available.

Thanks,
Christian.

Re: "Official" support matrix

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
None of the above.

Tomcat is a Java application.

Hence, assuming a valid JDK/JVM, and the appropriate servlet.jar file,
Tomcat runs on any OS.  Thus, assuming a valid JDK/JVM for Windows 2003,
then all versions of Tomcat run on Windows 2003.

There is no such thing as "tomcat working under IIS 6 on windows".

What you are asking is:  "Is there an AJP-compatible filter available
for IIS 6.0 (Windows Server 2003)?"

The answer is: "No, though one is probably in the works, somewhere,
somehow."

John

Re: "Official" support matrix

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.