Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Phase Web and Multimedia <ma...@phase.ws> on 2002/12/11 09:30:39 UTC

Not in transaction error

I am getting the following error... As you can see my code IS calling
beginTransaction() BEFORE commitTransaction(). WHY am i getting this error?

ERROR:

db.DBWrite - Not in transaction, call begin() before commit()
org.apache.ojb.broker.TransactionNotInProgressException: Not in transaction,
call begin() before commit()

CODE ERROR IS CALLED ON:

	public static void execute(Object object){

       PersistenceBroker broker = null;

       try{
           broker = PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
           broker.beginTransaction();
           if (object!=null) {
           	broker.store(object);// <-- this is the line the error is being
thrown on
           }
           broker.commitTransaction();

        } catch (PersistenceBrokerException  ex) {
            logger.error(ex.getMessage(), ex.fillInStackTrace());
        } catch (PBFactoryException  ex) {
            logger.error(ex.getMessage(), ex.fillInStackTrace());
        } finally {

        	if (broker != null)
        		broker.close();

       }
    }

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245
F (406) 862-0354
mail@phase.ws
http://www.phase.ws

RE: Not in transaction error

Posted by Phase Web and Multimedia <ma...@phase.ws>.
yep. cut and paste straight from project code. I'm not sure why it was
giving me that error. I thougth maybe it had something to do with
setAutoCommit in the OJB.properties so I set it to 0. But, that failed to
write any of my transactions. So i set it back to 1. I haven't seen the
problem crop back up in the last hour. Is there a way that transactions
could be hanging out there for some reason.

As a side not (as i mentioned in an AW: post) the data DID committ to the
database. The error was actually thrown after the everything had been
written to the database. Wierd!? Huh? :-). I'll let you know when/if I see
more.

BTW I am using Win2k, Tomcat 4.0.4, ojb-0.9.5 and MySQL 3.23.43 with
mm.mysql-2.0.11.jar

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245