Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ryan Gantt <ga...@cs.montana.edu> on 2004/07/14 07:15:52 UTC

Using Intake service standalone

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to use the Intake service as a
standalone application. I have a cvs snapshot of it that comes with the
fulcrum module.

Are there any good tutorials or classes that I can model after that give a
good, clear example of this?

Thanks

--
Ryan Gantt
http://www.activeevolution.com

Re: Using Intake service standalone

Posted by Ryan Gantt <ga...@cs.montana.edu>.
Well, I've already spent many hours learning the ins and outs of Intake
(yet somehow I can't quite conceptualize using it outside of Turbine)
and I want that time investment to be put toward something useful.
Realistically, I'm not going to be able to use Turbine for all of my web
applications (I don't have that kind of time), but it would be nice to
have this kind of form validation framework at my fingertips for
whatever projects I was working on, in whatever language. The main
reason is because I'm porting the Intake service over to PHP (quite
successfully) for use in other projects.

Hopefully this clears things up a little :D

Thanks
Ryan

Ryan Gantt

Active Evolution
www.activeevolution.com
406.579.0156 Cell

Re: Using Intake service standalone

Posted by Daniel <da...@yorku.ca>.

Posted by Ryan Gantt <ga...@cs.montana.edu>.
Thanks for your repsonse,

I guess what I mean is -- In order to use the Intake Service in Turbine,
it used to be that you had to use the IntakeTool class to access the
service.

My problem is that the IntakeTool has too many internal requirements
from Turbine, and by the time I met all of them, I might as well just
use Turbine.

I know I definitely want to use Intake, because I have all of my forms
configured for it already.

Maybe what I need to ask is "what are the requirements for making a
class like IntakeTool", one that abstracts the access to the actual
Intake Service.

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 09:53, Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The intake how-to document is linked from the Turbine docs:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/howto/intake-howto.html
>
> Or you might want to consider alternative form validation libraries, such
> as formproc, http://formproc.sourceforge.net/.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Ryan Gantt wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm wondering if there is an easy way to use the Intake service as a
> > standalone application. I have a cvs snapshot of it that comes with the
> > fulcrum module.
> >
> > Are there any good tutorials or classes that I can model after that give a
> > good, clear example of this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Gantt