Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "G. Todd Miller - XML Tech Ctr - Development" <Gl...@Sun.COM> on 2002/02/19 19:58:15 UTC

XSLTC Users: New jar file needed in your classpath

Attention XSLTC Users:

In the latest download of Xalan (2.3) we changed the BCEL support
package that XSLTC uses. The newer BCEL (v5.0) is from jakarta
and requires a new jar file, jakarta regexp package. The Xalan
distribution does not have this regexp package included at this
time. You can download the needed package from:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-bcel/release/v5.0rc1/

Sorry for the inconvience, we will be fixing this soon. In the interim
just download and include the regexp package on your classpath. The
compilation phase needs this. Without this jar file you will no
doubt see the following error during Xsltc compilation :

Compiler error(s):
  org/apache/regexp/RESyntaxException

Thanks to Christian Seiler for pointing this out to us.

-Todd Miller

G. Todd Miller                        Sun Microsystems Computer Company
Software Systems Engineer             2 Network Drive, MS UBUR02-201
GE&IS XML Tech Center                 Burlington, MA 01803-0903
                                      781 442-0176
                                      781 442-1437 (fax)
                                      todd.miller@east.sun.com