Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicolas FRANK <nf...@financeactive.com> on 2003/04/30 12:04:48 UTC

RE : How to disable tests during java:jar (was: How to enable Java 1.4 assertions in Maven)

I already answered this one in the past :

You can put this in your project.properties:

# junit plugin
maven.test.failure.ignore = true

Tests are still compiled and execute, but failures are ignores.

Posted by Oto tapik Buchta <ta...@systinet.com>.
Nicolas FRANK wrote:
> I already answered this one in the past :
>
> You can put this in your project.properties:
>
> # junit plugin
> maven.test.failure.ignore = true

It's a workaround.

I don't want to create a special project.properties for each task (I'd
like to break dist:build when tests fail.)
Is it possible to create a goal with separate maven.test.failre.ignore
settings?

--
Oto 'tapik' Buchta, tapik@systinet.com
R&D team, Systinet Corp. (formerly Idoox)

Re: RE : How to disable tests during java:jar (was: How to enable Java 1.4 assertions in Maven)

Posted by James CE Johnson <jc...@tragus.org>.
> James CE Johnson wrote:
>>>I already answered this one in the past :
>>>
>>>You can put this in your project.properties:
>>>
>>># junit plugin
>>>maven.test.failure.ignore = true
>>>

>>>Tests are still compiled and execute, but failures are ignores.
>>

>> maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>
> So it means that
>
> maven -Dproperty-value
>
> is the same as
>
> echo "property=value">>project.properties
>
> ?

Yup

> We have tested it but it doesn't work in beta-8.

Dunno about Beta-8. I'm currently working with a Beta-9 version.

Sorry :-(

Posted by Oto tapik Buchta <ta...@systinet.com>.

Posted by James CE Johnson <jc...@tragus.org>.
> I already answered this one in the past :
>
> You can put this in your project.properties:
>
> # junit plugin
> maven.test.failure.ignore = true
>

> Tests are still compiled and execute, but failures are ignores.

maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true

will not execute the tests. They'll still be compiled though.

During our compile/test/debug cycle we do this a lot. Once things are
"working" we run the full test suite and submit back to the mainline.