Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jeremy Levy <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 17:19:40 UTC

ActiveMQ consumer execution delay

I'm seeing a problem where a Queue is not backed up however the time for the
consumer to actually execute the JMS message is between 100 - 200 seconds
from creation (as measured via the JMSTimestamp-CurrentTime).

The flow was fairly low to the queue, less then 30 messages a minute. I was
able to resolve the issue by restarting ActiveMQ, after which messages were
being started on less then 1ms from when they were created.

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.4.1 and the normal total execution time for the work
being done in the MDB is less then 2ms. At the time of the delay, there were
no error messages in the ActiveMQ log, CPU was low and had plenty of memory.

It seems like the consumer is pulling the message off the queue, but sitting
on them for some reason.
Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks.