Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 17:01:38 UTC

Re: Tomcat-Rails, a pet project to run jruby on rails applications within an embedded tomcat

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> David Calavera wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on a little project to use tomcat as server for rails
> > applications without generate a war file. I'm using an embedded tomcat
> and
> > jruby-rack to wrap requests.
> >
> > I don't know if this could be useful for anyone, currently it's based on
> my
> > needs, but you can find more info in the project page:
> >
> > http://calavera.github.com/tomcat-rails
> > http://github.com/calavera/tomcat-rails
> >
> > Advice and feedback will be really appreciated.
>
> You should read http://tomcat.apache.org/legal.html, particularly the
> parts related to trademarks and naming.

Yep, I already added the asf license and all that stuff but I have to
submitted.

> If you haven't already found it, this class (from sandbox/trunk) is
> quite useful when you start embedding Apache Tomcat.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/startup/Tomcat.java

I'm using it, it was really useful, one code line to config all the server
classes instead of hundred XD.

> Mark

David Calavera
http://www.thinkincode.net