Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jesse Jackson <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/18 20:16:10 UTC

run imbedded python on Amazon EC2

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to run a Pig Script thats imbedded in python. I've done
this without issue on my own machine running the script like pig-x
local pigRunner.py
but when I moved it over to Amazon's EC2 I got a surprising error:

File "pigRunner.py", line 3 in <module>
  from org.apache.pig.scripting import *
ImportError: No module named pig

[1]+ Exit 6 pig -x mapreduce pigRunner.py

Has anyone else had trouble running Python scripts over at Amazon? Is
there something special I should do in order to get them to process?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Jesse