Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/09/02 02:32:44 UTC

Re: Using Lucene's payload in Solr

: Is it possible to have the copyField strip off the payload while it is
: copying since doing it in the analysis phrase is too late?  Or should I
: start looking into using UpdateProcessors as Chris had suggested?

"nope" and "yep"

I've had an idea in the back of my mind ofr a while now about adding more
options ot the fieldTypes to specify how the *stored* values should be
modified when indexing ... but there's nothing there to do that yet.  you
have to make the modifications in an Updateprocessor (or in a response
writer)

: >> It seems like it might be simpler have two new (generic) UpdateProcessors:
: >> one that can clone fieldA into fieldB, and one that can do regex mutations
: >> on fieldB ... neither needs to know about payloads at all, but the first
: >> can made a copy of "2.0|Solr In Action" and the second can strip off the
: >> "2.0|" from the copy.
: >>
: >> then you can write a new NumericPayloadRegexTokenizer that takes in two
: >> regex expressions -- one that knows how to extract the payload from a
: >> piece of input, and one that specifies the tokenization.
: >>
: >> those three classes seem easier to implemnt, easier to maintain, and more
: >> generally reusable then a custom xml request handler for your updates.

-Hoss