Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at> on 2013/01/18 08:31:56 UTC

Logo proposal for the Marmotta incubating project

Dear IMPC,

from the Marmotta incubating project we are calling for comments for the
project logo. You can find the current draft [1] attached at MARMOTTA-5 [2].

In addition, the project PMC would like to know how to proceed with the
logo registration within ASF (intellectual property donation and so on).

Thanks so much.

Kind regards,

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12565311/apache-marmotta-logo.zip
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA-5

--
Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research

Re: Logo proposal for the Marmotta incubating project

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya
<na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We know that "Apache Project Branding Requirements" [1] applies to
> top-level projects. Does the podling have to follow the same ?...

Yes of course - if only so that the branding is ok once the podling graduates.

> ...The contributors followed "Podling name search guide" while they were
> making the proposal. Can a podling do the official name search [2] which
> they can use to become TLP later at anytime during the podling ?...

Yes, it's a good idea - if a name change is needed, better earlier than later.

-Bertrand

Re: Logo proposal for the Marmotta incubating project

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Just for your information, we've proceeded to ask trademarks@ for such
details. Thanks.

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.