Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk> on 2008/03/11 17:43:28 UTC

deployment repository directory

Hi Folks

I've configured the "deployment repository directory" of my continuum
installation but I cannot get built artifacts to be copied there.  Do I
need to alter my POM with any specific goals in order to activate this
feature of continuum?

Thanks, Robin.

Before acting on this e mail or opening any attachment please read the disclaimer which can be accessed at http://www.investec.com/EmailDisclaimer/UKEmailDisclaimer.htm
Investec Bank (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com

Investec Bank (UK) Limited
Registered office: 2 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QP Company No: 00489604 Incorporated in England and Wales

Re: org.apache.continuum:continuum-parent:pom:1-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Are you using a repository manager ? (It looks if I look at the stack
trace which contains
http://invldnl20admin:9100/archiva/repository/internal//org/codehau )

Does your settings contains a mirror with joker * ?
If yes configure your repo manager to go to the snapshot repo.

--
Olivier

2008/5/30 Robin Roos <Ro...@investec.co.uk>:
> I had a look at the following repository location:
>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/continuu
> m/continuum-parent/1-SNAPSHOT/
>
> And I can see files like:
>
>    continuum-parent-1-20080304.221528-1.pom
>    continuum-parent-1-20080304.221842-1.pom
>
> Is the suffix "-20080304.221528-1" some sort of classifier?
>
> Thanks, Robin.

>>> s/mojo/appassembler-maven-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT/appassembler-maven-plug
>>> i
>>> n-
>>> 1.0-SNAP

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
fixed - apologies for that

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Bret

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Bret

Changing the pom parent version did not help so I merely commented out
the <parent> structure.

Now it gets a lot further, but fails with:

Downloading:
http://invldnl20admin:9100/archiva/repository/internal//org/codehau
s/mojo/appassembler-maven-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT/appassembler-maven-plugin-
1.0-SNAP
SHOT.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.codehaus.mojo
ArtifactId: appassembler-maven-plugin
Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Oliver

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Folks

Continuum is now running very well on my Linux server.  The last piece
of the puzzle is to finally get artifacts copied into the deployment
repository directory.

Can anyone let me know how this mechanism is supposed to work?

I'm using Continuum-2.0-SNAPSHOT and I do not have any
deployment-specific markup in my POM or my assembly descriptors (since
our project is not consumed by any other dev teams here and I don't
necessarily want to push our product into Archiva).  What I do want is
to see the assemblies copied into the deployment repository directory.

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Folks

In the logs of the most recent (forced) build I can see:

54480321 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Performing action execute-builder
54480383 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.utils.shell.ShellCommandHelper:default  -
Executing: cmd.exe /X /C '""C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-maven-2.0.8\bin\mvn" -f calypso/pom.xml
-Dcontinuum.project.lastBuild.state=2
-Dcontinuum.project.nextBuild.number=10
-Dcontinuum.project.group.name=calypso
-Dcontinuum.project.lastBuild.number=9 assembly:assembly"'
54480383 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.utils.shell.ShellCommandHelper:default  -
Working directory:
C:\dev\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\working-directory\1
54586321 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
Exit code: 0
54587055 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Performing action deploy-artifact

So the action deploy-artifact is beining attempted by Continuum, but
there are no relebvant log entries below this - the next entries concern
the start of a scheduled build which has nothing to do as svn has not
changed.

Under what conditions should action deploy-artifact actually do
anything?  Is it ultimately reliant on there being a specifically named
goal in the POM?

Thanks, Robin.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.