Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ali Sakebi <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 12:49:57 UTC

How can I include pom.xml dependencies in output jar???

Hi

Can some one plz guide me how can I make maven to include dependencies
defined in pom.xml in output jar file???

Regards,
Ali

Re: How can I include pom.xml dependencies in output jar???

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/30/07, Ali Sakebi <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Jo, and sorry for my question, I didn't know that it has
> been asked before. Also sorry for future questions if they are not
> good questions.
>
> What I exactly wanted was to be able to include unpacked jar files in
> lib dir (I needed it to create OSGi bundle.) Googling around I have
> founded two ways : first using
> maven-dependency-plugin:copy-dependencies  and the other is:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg65534.html
>
> I would be grateful to know when/which I should use?

Hi Ali,

Don't worry, I won't bite ;)

You should use the maven-assembly-plugin.
If you are not satisfied with the predefined assemblies, you can customize
the plugin's behaviour by creating your own assembly descriptor.

First thing to do is to read up about it at:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html

Good luck
Jo

Re: How can I include pom.xml dependencies in output jar???

Posted by Ali Sakebi <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ferry97 <vr...@yahoo.com>.
I'm trying to create a SAR file, and like to include some of dependency, is
it possible ? as the assembly did not recognize 'sar' format.
I'm using maven-sar-plugin