Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by biping wu <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/22 22:12:37 UTC

APR Util/iconv question

Hi,

I am evaluating APR libraries. However, I could not figure out how to build APR Util and iconv. Please Help.

I have downloaded APR 1.3.9, APR Util 1.3.9 and APR Iconv 1.2.1.
1. For APR 1.3.9 I could use ./configure, make, make install to build and install libraries.
2. But I cannot find configure in APR Util directory. No makefile is available either. I cannot figure out how to proceed.
3. For Apr iconv, I can run ./configure successfully, but "make" failed as there is no rules.mk in build directory, which is included in Makefile.

This is my first time to build Open Source code. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Biping

Re: APR Util/iconv question

Posted by biping wu <bi...@yahoo.com>.
Jeff:

I am using Linux distribution.

Biping

________________________________
> I am evaluating APR libraries. However, I could not figure out how to build
> APR Util and iconv. Please Help.
>
> I have downloaded APR 1.3.9, APR Util 1.3.9 and APR Iconv 1.2.1.
> 1. For APR 1.3.9 I could use ./configure, make, make install to build and
> install libraries.
> 2. But I cannot find configure in APR Util directory. No makefile is
> available either. I cannot figure out how to proceed.

What OS?
Are you using the Unix source distribution of APR-Util or the Windows
source distribution?

Re: APR Util/iconv question

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.