Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Martin van Niekerk <ma...@realsystems.co.za> on 2002/05/06 15:06:26 UTC

A job well done

I wanted to send this e-mail sooner, but decided to delay it a bit to avoid/arouse template engine debates. Granted, they are entertaining, but unfortunately I lack the grammatical arsenal to participate. :-)

Anyway, getting back to the original point. I would like to compliment the Velocity team on a job well done. The power of velocity truly lies in it's simplicitic approach.  I am not implying that Velocity is a *simple* tool, but rather that it is really simple to use. I have only two years of commercial programming experience and found Velocity really easy to use and more than capable of the task at hand. In this case: replacing JSP's, forming the basis of our HTML output classes, error reporting etc.
It has made a significant and welcome change in our projects.

Keep up the great work!

Regards
Martin van Niekerk
http://www.realsystem.co.za